Monday, February 7, 2011

Fatto a Mano / DIY Fendi anyone?



~Fendi strongly believes that creativity and the flow of ideas are the Fuel for the Future ~ Silvia Venturini Fendi Accesories Creative Director

"Fatto a Mano" is Italian for "hand crafted." 

I came across Fendi's Baguette Mezzo Punto "half stitch" while browsing through Bergdorf Goodman's Cruise 2010 Magazine (not sure how I missed it the first time around but here it is! ) a few days ago and fell in love with this "concept" bag. It reminds me of kindergarten arts and crafts hour :-)

It's basically a semi-DIY project. The plain canvas baguette comes in a box with needle, thread and diagrams to custom sew the logo or whatever design you wish.

As much fun as this looks like, I have mixed feelings about this concept since HELLOOO!!!! $995 is alot of money to spend on a bag I have to finish myself, and especially if I make a mistake.

However it would surely make one fantastic- albeit super expensive - gift for creative friends who enjoy and excel at arts and crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow. It's Quiet Here...
Be the first to start the conversation!