Oh how much I love Angela and her blog ohsheglows.com!
Thanks to her fabulous, healtyh and yummy recipes I have been baking vegan and frequenting vegan restaurants for the past year and feel soooo much better when I decide to indulge and have baked goods :)
Being a huge brownie lover - Chocolatey, nutty, with a crispy crust and flakey top. Mmmmm!!! Come to mama!!!! - I wanted to share her vegan brownie recipe on my blog with you!
Wishing Happy Holidays with a healthy dose of sweets to you all!
Oh She Glows
Dense, nutty, with a crisp crust and flakey top. Come to mama.
§ 1.5 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisked
§ 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
§ 1 cup whole almonds, ground into a flour/meal & sifted (OR sub 1.5 cups almond flour)
§ 1/2 cup cocoa powder
§ 1/2 tsp kosher salt
§ 1/4 tsp baking soda
§ 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Earth Balance or other non-dairy butter substitute
§ 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate, divided
§ 1 cup + 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or just use white sugar)
§ 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
§ 1 tsp vanilla
§ 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment and grease all sides. In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water and set aside.
2. In a blender or processor, process almonds into a meal/flour. Sift out large pieces. Or use store bought almond meal/flour. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flours, cocoa, salt, soda).
3. In a large microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and Earth Balance and melt in microwave for about 30-45 seconds until melted. Stir well and add in flax egg, sugar, vanilla, and milk. Whisk.
4. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir well. The mixture will be VERY dry, but not to worry keep mixing! Now fold in the walnuts and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pan and place a piece of parchment on top. Spread with hands or a pastry roller until smooth and even.
6. Bake for 32-34 minutes at 350F and allow brownies to cool in pan for about 1.5 hours. DO NOT REMOVE BROWNIES (uh oh I’m yelling!) until completely cool or they will crack apart. After an hour or so, gently separate edge of brownie from pan with a butter knife and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely and slice carefully.
( pictures and recipe from ohsheglows.com)